Sunday, July 31, 2011

God's Love


Recently Jeff and I were having a conversation about the ways we are starting to grasp God's love for us since we have had Raegan.

A book I am reading puts it like this, "There is no substitute for the way children teach us about God. The way they depend on us, trust us, and imitate us is a beautiful picture of how we are to be as God's children. The Bible challenges us to have faith like these little ones: 'let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.' and he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.' [Mark 10:14-16]" - Totally Desperate Mom by Wendy Hagen

Before I had Raegan I knew God loved me. I thought I understood how much and what his sacrifice meant. But I had no idea. I am just now starting to grasp how much he loves me. I am so in love with our sweet daughter. I would do anything for her. The choices I make and the things I do now are all in consideration of what is best for her. God is the same with me. He would do anything for me. In fact, he did do EVERYTHING for me. The plans he has for my life are what is best for me even though I might not know it at the time. Raegan can do nothing to earn my love and I can do nothing to earn Christ's love. It's reassuring to know on my best days and on my worst days that God loves me the same.

One of the other things that I have been thinking about is God's love for Raegan and his plans for her life. It is so comforting to know that I can multiply the amount I love her by infinity and that is how much God loves her. As I continue to pray for her and pray for God to help me be the best mom I can be, I can rest in the fact that our savior is here. He is walking alongside Jeff and me as we grow as parents, as we do things right and when we make mistakes, and as we celebrate this little life he has blessed us with.

I pray I can keep these things in view and remember the truth as I have days that aren't the easiest. Not that I ever have hard days or anything! :)

No comments: