Tuesday, January 10, 2012

one year old.

Wow! I can't believe our baby is one already. It seems like it was just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital. I remember the first couple weeks and how hard they were as we were adjusting to having a newborn at home that had to be wrapped in a light blanket 24/7. She was like a little alien glowing blue.


What a joy she has been in our lives. Everybody told me that time would fly by and in the first 6 months that didn't prove to be so true. Since then time has flown. It is so fun to watch her grow and develop, to try new foods, take her first steps, and start trying to say new words. It is fun to celebrate each new milestone with her.


Here are some of the things she has been up to lately:

She loves her "dada" and talks about him all day. If I ask her to say mama she almost always says dada.

She loves to walk around and carry her toys or drink with her in at least one hand, if not both.

She signs "please" every second of the day because she is always wanting something. :)

She LOVES animals. Looking at pictures of them, making animal noises, reading stories about
them.

She can make sounds for a dog, lion, elephant, and sometimes cat, monkey and cow.

She really enjoys being outside and playing around the bench in our front yard.

Recently, she has started sitting still long enough to read books with us.

And just today she unlocked my iPhone for the first time [oh no!]

I love this little girl with her sweet smile and sassy attitude. I'm looking forward to what the next year brings and watching her grow even more.


3 comments:

Ingrid @ thesunnyside.me said...

such a sweet post, jenna!
reagan sure is a ray of sunshine...

Ingrid @ thesunnyside.me said...

such a sweet post, jenna!
reagan sure is a golden ray of sunshine.
look forward to hanging out soon.

Christy Mae said...

Normally I think Raegan looks a lot like Jeff, but in that last pic of this blog entry, I think she looks so much like you!!!!