Monday, October 24, 2011

Pinterest Crafting Party

I was invited to a really fun party yesterday. It was a Pinterest crafting party. Everything about it was from Pinterest, the food, decorations, and drinks. Then the hostess Ingrid asked everybody who was coming to pick a craft from Pinterest and bring the supplies to make it. She had all sorts of delicious food and set up tables in her back yard where we hung out and made our crafts.





I had a lot of different things I wanted to make but I finally decided on making a Christmas wreath. I got the idea from Keep it Simple, Sister's Blog. She made a really cute fall wreath. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to make and would have taken less time if my thread wouldn't have kept coming out of the felt! Here are some pictures of the finished product.



I also made flowers out of fabric for the first time. They are actually really easy to make and a fun little addition to the wreath.



Another really special part of the afternoon was that Ingrid asked each woman who came to bring a children's book. She later explained the books were for the Joyful Life Library, a project that was started by a sweet mom named Heather who lost her son at 6 weeks old. Their goal is to put books in as many PICU's as they possibly can so that when parents have to be there with their kids they can read to them and experience a bit of comfort. Such an amazing idea. Such a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Julie said...

That is really cute. I like yours better than the one you copied!

Belle said...

I love this wreath, Jenna! The flowers look great. :)

Unknown said...

I am soo jealous of this crafting day! It sounds awesome and i love the wreath and book idea :)