Sunday, November 30, 2008

Prepare Him Room

This is the title of the new series at church. We were able to go to church this morning and the message was an awesome reminder of what Christmas is about. The series will talk about ways to prepare room for Jesus throughout this crazy holiday season. This weekend Mike talked about humbling ourselves and living in humility. One of the things that really stuck out to Jeff and I was that God is "looking for people who aren't going to mistake themselves for the treasure instead of the vessel that contains the treasure." After reflecting on this there are definitely times when I think I am saving people and I am what others need, when what they need is the treasure I have in me. I look forward to continuing to explore the ways I can prepare my heart to celebrate Christmas this year. The countdown is on as Kaelyn reminded me tonight...25 days! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I like that! I'll have to check out the podcast. The title kind of reminds me of a poem we used to memorize at Christmastime called, No Room in My Christmas For Jesus. Ask Jeff to recite it for you!